Things you need to know about this recipe:
1. The reasons you put the potatoes on bottom:
- The potatoes are covered with water and cook better.
- The carrots on top are steamed rather than boiled.
- That would mean you don’t fill water to top, which would boil the roast.
2. Here is something else you need to know, use a Reynolds Slow Cooker Liner. You can save so much time and energy with easy cleanup.
You can find these in the aisle with Reynolds Aluminum Foil. In the past they were 4 in a box, but recently I have seen 8 in a box. You can purchase Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners on Amazon. The best value on their site as of this post is 12 boxes of 4 liners for $0.59 per liner.
If not shopping online, you can print a coupon from this page. Click on “Save Now on Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners.” You will be sent to Red Plum’s site. If you have never printed coupons there before, here is a link to “How do I install the coupon printing software” on Red Plum’s site.
And now for the recipe: